LGBTQ community clinics around the country:
- Philadelphia: Mazzoni Center
- New York: Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
- Baltimore: Chase Brexton Health Services
- Washington, DC: Whitman-Walker Clinic
- Boston: Fenway Health
- Chicago: Howard Brown Health Center
- San Francisco: Lyon-Martin Health Services; Gay Men’s Health Collective
- Los Angeles: LA Gay and Lesbian Center
Medical Student Resources:
- The American Medical Student Association has long been active in fighting for LGBTQ inclusion in the profession of medicine and fighting health disparities in our communities. Includes many opportunities for pre-med students. The Gender & Sexuality Action Committee represents the National Leadership for AMSA’s LGBT programming.
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association offers a student membership and holds and annual conference.
- AMSA/GLMA sponsored LGBT Leadership Institute: A long weekend meeting to prepare students to become leaders in LGBT health.
- AMSA Sexual Health Scholars Program: A distance learning program that gives students extensive knowledge and skills related to sexual health, including LGBT health topics.
- Projects in a Box on LGBT Health: Ready to go presentations to use at your school.
- This is a helpful Guide for LGBT Medical Students applying to Residency from Ming Chan at UCSF.
- The UCSF LGBT Resource Center has a model program at their institution with national reach. Really extensive resource list.
- The National Coalition for LGBT Health works on research, policy, and cultural competency.